Realtors that also offer home insurance?

by MattColes , in category: Products and Services , 4 years ago

I am not sure how common this is but in my area, there are a few realtor companies who also offer home insurance. I would have never thought to put those two together but it makes sense on a business standpoint. I would imagine there are people who deal with house sales and people who deal with insurance since both require different education and licenses. Is this something you have seen before?

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Telegram Whatsapp Pocket

8 answers



by Taylor , 4 years ago

I have seen it before, but it's more of a team up between a realtor company and the insurance company. Think of it like companies teaming up. It's kind of like that. Some of course don't do it. So when in the process of buying a home, it would be wise to just ask and see what they say.



by Patrick85 , 4 years ago

That's a good question. I believe some realtors offer it, but for the most part I don't think most realtors do. I suppose you could ask just in case. I myself don't offer insurance, but I know insurance companies nearby and when I sell a house I usually suggest a good insurance company.


by lilla , 4 years ago

I haven't seen it around here, at least while passing. It isn't something that I went out the door looking for though so I am sure there are people or companies who do offer it.


by jakob , 4 years ago

I was inquiring about this myself at one time but decided to go another direction. I can see the appeal in offering both under the same business but it is not very lucrative long term.

by vilma_kuphal , 4 years ago

As a real estate agent, you are the best resource for your clients when it comes to finding, purchasing and protecting their new home. From appraisers and inspectors to lenders and decorators, you are your clients’ go-to authority when it comes to all necessities for home ownership. Naturally, you’re going to want to be their guide when it comes to protecting their new investment and everything in it. Needless to say, you do not need to be an expert about homeowner’s insurance. Rather, you should be able to provide your clients with advice when it comes to choosing an expert to help with their insurance needs. 


by javier , 4 years ago

I don't think there's any but as a real estate expert, you are well equipped to explain this distinction to your clients so that they can opt for the appropriate coverage to protect their possessions. 

by june_ankunding , 4 years ago

Yeah. Liability insurance covers court costs, legal fees and financial damages, leaving you to focus on running a profitable business. Some liability coverage options you may want to be sure to include in your real estate agency insurance portfolio General liability insurance.


by eldred , 4 years ago

Your Realtor is your guide, in charge of helping you navigate around all the possible pitfalls and not-so-fun surprises that could cost you money when you're buying a new home. But your Realtor should also be taking into consideration the money you might be paying after closing day. We're talking about...homeowners insurance!

Before you even put an offer in on a home, your Realtor should be able to tell you how the age and location of the house will affect your insurance premiums. They ought to help you spot potential issues that would cause an insurance company to deny you coverage.