Word of mouth in 2020

by arlie , in category: Successful Realtor Practices , 4 years ago

In terms of referrals and getting the word out, do you think things will change here in 2020 with everyone focused on social distancing?

I didn't heavily rely on this up until 2019 and now I feel like everything changing will alter how well this works for real estate sales.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Telegram Whatsapp Pocket

5 answers

by alexie_adams , 4 years ago

I think this is more or less covered when you work with people and they recommend you and your services around. You don't actually need extra contacts you just set up a bridge for others to find you through family, friends, and so on.

by berniece_brekke , 4 years ago

As of right now with Covid-19 still being an issue, you can't rely on something like this. Too many people are avoiding each other and are less social so you really want to focus your online portfolio and sharing on social networks.

by brant , 4 years ago
berniece_brekke: As of right now with Covid-19 still being an issue, you can't rely on something like this. Too many people are avoiding each other and are less social so you really want to focus your online portfolio and sharing on social networks.

@berniece_brekke My thoughts exactly. The market is a bit up and down right now so you can't just expect people to tell their friends or family to buy a home with so and so. A lot of people aren't looking to buy.

by elliot , 4 years ago

I think it is still beneficial to companies, agents, and so on but it is not as heavily focused on because there are better ways for advertisement today.

by shanna_schroeder , 4 years ago

I have seen plenty of people get success this way not only in real estate but with other businesses too. It helps to have an online presence but even without one, plenty of people will still seek you out and look to buy homes with you.